Saturday 25 November 2017

The Forbidden Potion.

So I did it.

I offered the love elixir, hidden in some homemade chocolates. While he consumed it I looked at him in the eye and kissed him afterwards.

This raises many questions. Was it immoral to do what I did? Would he have loved me anyways without using magic and potions? How would he react if he ever found out?
Purple Wild Flowers, by Pol Ledent.

To be completely honest I am not used to casting this type of spells. Let alone preparing love potions. Don't get me wrong as a witch I am familiar with summoning and setting the protective Circle and I am acquainted with purifying and cleansing rituals, like the ones I host for on the solstices and equinoxes or the monthly re-energizing coven ritual that we do with every full moon phase. 
But I hardly ever perform self-gain based spells. 

Well on my defense I'll say he and I are already kind of dating. Then, I started developing stronger feelings. So I decided to ask him out in a proper formal way. He refused, as he has "emotional issues", whatever that means. But said he doesn't want to lose me. However, I decided to stop seeing him for my own sake. It seemed the wisest thing to do. But he charmed his way back into my life with sweet words and indulging memories, thus arousing old fantasies of a future in common.

So I said to myself "What the hell?", we had dinner, made love and promised to see each other again. But this time I could not let his insecurities gamble with my heart, I am a witch after all, so I waited to the crescent moon, got my rose quartz ready, searched for the Venus' seal, bought the ingredients, set the ritual and blended the potion.  While I was casting the spell, my hands started burning. Not literally, but the strong feeling of heat was unmistakable. That was happening to me for the first time, but I carried on and went to bed. During the following days, I was not myself at all. I acted completely out of impulse, burst into laughter or started singing out of the blue. (Ok, the last one isn't that weird on me, but this time it was different. Trust me.) Even when I was consciously making the effort to keep up appearances, I could clearly feel the eyes of people on me. Was I going crazy? Also, I felt happy, nervous, powerful, afraid and free all at once. 

Right before tempting him with my little present I felt great. Immensely confident. Even my voice changed! And once it had touched his lips and entered his system I felt a great urge to kiss him, and so I did. After that all my previous worries banished. All that "how am I going to make him love me?" doubt disappeared and in its place, I felt peace. He didn't leave me off of his side for the rest of the evening and cuddled me up all night till we fell asleep. 

I hope his love gradually awakes as I asked for in my spell:

"With every kiss, 
with every night we spent together..."

And I really hope I did the right thing here. 

Wish me luck... He hasn't pledged his eternal love to me (yet) but regardless I feel happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment