Thursday 8 June 2017

Consequences of Owning the Witch Title.

Considering that witchcraft has this dark misconception about it would you be outspoken about it?

I am. Because only through people recognizing you as a witch, seeing and knowing what you do and who you are will allow for the world to see us as what we are: a force of nature, wise women and men. 

Some witches might be afraid of discrimination or being feared, one of my now ex-boyfriends left me when he found out about my condition. 
Even worst my sister's first boyfriend left her coldly with a letter stating that as she was a "sinful" witch he could not risk his "salvation" by dating her as the "judgement day" was near. (this was 5 years ago by the way).

Circe, by John William Waterhouse

But also good things have comed out of being honest. The owner and manager of the first company I worked at felt it was very mature of me to embrace my way of life and being straightforward about it. I helped people that were raised in closed minded and restrictive cultures / religion to question some beliefs and think for themselves and it also helped people that felt the instinctive call for the craft to ask questions and even start practicing witchcraft. 

Every action has a consequence, but to let fear lead our decisions is not a good idea. Same goes for being gay or lesbian. We might suffer discrimination sometimes as many women do, or people with different racial backgrounds other than caucasian. But you know what they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. 
Maybe that's why I've always found women wiser and more reliable. 

Why do we tend to focus on our few differences when the things that unite us are much more deeper and significant? We all feel and bleed. We all share the same sky and the same ground. So basically try not to judge someone before meeting them no matter what color they eyes are, whom they love or what they wear. Love and cooperation are stronger than fear and hatred. So set an example with your actions and be true to yourself. At least that's what I believe and practice.   

No comments:

Post a Comment