Saturday 22 April 2017

Happy Birthday Ierai and Eure!

Happy Birthday! 
Being the oldest of seven siblings I like to celebrate birthdays with a theme, before moving to the UK I got my siblings a pendant of their special crystal. This is a special post to my twin sisters, as it is their birthday today. I think I will adopt this as a new custom so you'll better start looking forward to me barging about how much I love my siblings!

I think we are pretty privileged in a way, as we are all quite close to each other but in a weird way I have kind of envied the relationship they have within the two of them. When they were little they had the most crazy fights! They would bit and punch each other in a violent rampage, yet if five minutes later somebody dared say something even slightly or reminiscently offensive, the other sister would jump to her feet and confront the offender without hesitation. 

I think we have shared some of the most special moments of our life together. We have shared our first love stories and concerns, invented games and dreamed together and spent countless hours sheltered under our sheets while we talked and giggled way past bed time. 

We always though that when we grew up we would all live together in grandma's house. Those dreams kinda got crushed by life, I mean... we all know now that the future is uncertain, but no matter where we are or what is going on in our lives I am certain, we will always remain close.

I don't want to just wish them a happy 19th birthday, but also I want so say thank you!

Ierai Tubilda
Ierai, thank you for being the fire that lights up the darkness, you have always been the mature one. Every time I think of you I remember your beautiful writing, the days we spent singing and casting love spells by the olive tree and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us! You are confident, strong, cheerful and vital. 
You are on my mind every time I walk by an Oak tree, every time I smell or use the Rosemary on my garden, you are in the turquoise stones and in the colour orange. I carry your heart, I carry it in my heart. 


Eure Tubilda
Eure, thank you for being the wind that lifts our wings, you have always been the sensible one. I love your sense of justice and how you always try to bring sense to our group, like the time when you were the only one that told me off when I though it was a good idea to venture barefoot into the streets. You are empathetic, courageous and impartial, as well as a free spirit. 
You are on my mind every time the wind blows and the willows sway, and every time the lavender plants bloom. You are in the amethysts crystals and in the colour purple. I carry your heart, I carry it in my heart. 

I am very proud of the women you're turning to. Enjoy your last year as teens girls, it doesn't get any less awkward in your twenties anyways. But still... see you very soon!

With love, Darius.  

No comments:

Post a Comment